Banana Nut Ice Cream Recipe
Quick & Easy! Ready for the freezer in an hour or less!
This Banana Nut Ice Cream recipe is a fast and super simple recipe you can make early in the morning and serve in the evening.
It tastes as good as it looks! The texture is great for scooping into cones or bowls.
This recipe uses walnuts. If you would prefer to avoid nuts, try the Fresh Banana Ice Cream recipe or you may leave nuts out of this one and it will still come out just fine with great texture and flavor.
A hint of brown sugar gives this ice cream a subtle richness in taste. Try it with chocolate sauce for a chocolate banana treat!
Please like & share:
- 3 cups half & half cream
- 3 whole bananas very ripe
- 1 cup shelled walnut pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For this quick recipe we'll need all of the ingredients ready to go: Half & half cream, bananas, walnut pieces, sugar, brown sugar, whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Mash the bananas to a chunky liquid form with a fork or masher. Set aside.
- Crush the walnut pieces so they are smaller and easier to scoop and eat. An easy method is to place the nuts in a plastic bag with a closure. Remove as much air as possible before sealing the bag. Take a rolling pin and roll over the nuts in the bag…back and forth…side to side.
- When you're done rolling over the nuts you will still have the same amount in a perfect size.
- In a large bowl or sauce pan combine the half & half, sugar and brown sugar. Stir until the sugars have completely dissolved.
- Stir in the bananas and nuts.
- Finally, add the whipping cream and vanilla extract. Stir it in thoroughly. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream maker is done, you're ready to pour the ice cream into a freezer container. Freeze overnight or until firm, about 10 hours.
- Delicious on its own or in a waffle cone!